Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How To Run Windows File Protection Check

People Wanna Know If Old Files Are Replaced Or Gone. People Can Run The Windows File Protection Check. Heres How:




Click "Start".

Then Click "Run".

Next Type "sfc /scannow" With NO ""
It Will Start After You Hit "OK".
It Will Check If There Are Missing Files. I Have A Replaced One. Bu I Can't Show You What It Looks Like Cause My System Does Not Print Screen(Not On A Printer). When A Window Or More Are Opened.
Note: This Is XP! I Just Don't Know What's Modified!

9 comments:

  1. That was VERY informative! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mikey! I needed to do this the other day and couldn't figure out how!


    love Aunt Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. This Only Works For Windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mikey, you are really a special young man. You know more about computers than most people. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well. Not Just windows. It Only Works With Windows XP Maybe. Maybe You Should Try It On Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the info....

    no vista yet for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I didn't know that this could even be done. Thanks for the great information!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, But I Don't Think That Windows File Protection Is In Vista. Vista Has More Better Features Than XP. But I Like Xp Best.

    ReplyDelete